Good Morning Nigeria, Nigeria News live round up of top breaking news and Nigeria newspaper headline today thursday 11th of April 2019
- Nigerian popular female pastor and President of Nigerian Women in Clergy, Prophetess Nonnie Roberson, is dead.
Report said the female cleric died Wednesday morning after complaining of abdominal pain.
- A Federal High Court in Abuja has restrained the Independent National Electoral commission (INEC) from taking further action on the Imo north senatorial election.
- The Federal Government has approved the sum of N1.3 billiin for death benefits of 497 deceased workers in the federal civil service.
Mrs. Didi Walson-Jack, the Permanent Secretary, Service Welfare Office (SWO), Office of the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation (OHCSF) disclosed this in Abuja on Wednesday at the 2nd Edition of the Permanent Secretary’s Quarterly Forum with Labour Leaders in Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs).
- The Peoples Democratic Party (People\'s Democratic Party) has reacted to President Muhammadu buhari’s comment that Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom, parted ways with him and the All Progressives Congress (All Progressive Congress), as a result of disagreements over the issue of Fulani herdsmen atrocities.
It stated that it appeared the nation’s leader prefers herdsmen terrorism to safety of Nigerians.
- Justice Okon Abang of a Federal High Court, Abuja, on Wednesday, adjourned hearing in the case of diversion of public fund and money laundering preferred against a former National Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party, People\'s Democratic Party, Olisa Metuh, and a former governor of Adamawa State, Murtala Nyako and seven others by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, following the absence of their counsels, A.O. Onsiowu and Kanu Agabi, SAN, respectively.
Justice Abang thereafter adjourned Metuh’s fraud case to May 13, 14, and 15, 2019.
- The Rivers State Police Command has arrested dozens of young men in a mass raid around the communities hosting the University of Port Harcourt.
Eyewitnesses said the armed men started shooting from SDA Junction to Rumuchakara, with the Choba Police Division calling for re-enforcement.
- An Igbosere High Court in Lagos on Wednesday remanded a Togolese cook, Sunday Anani, in prison custody over alleged murder of his boss, Chief Opeyemi Bademosi, the Chief Executive Officer of Credit Switch Ltd.
Justice Mobolanle Okikiolu-Ighile gave the order following Anani’s arraignment by the Lagos State Government on a two-count charge of murder and armed robbery.
- Enugu State Police Command has shot dead a wanted armed robbery kingpin, known as KC, during a gun duel between the police and his gang members in the state.
The command’s Public Relations Officer, SP Ebere Amaraizu, who made the disclosure in a statement in Enugu on Wednesday, said police operatives recovered one locally-made pistol and three live cartridges from the deceased.
- One person has been reported dead with four others injured in a fresh clash between Abuja natives and soldiers over land at Tungan-Maje an outskirt town of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
The community head, Malam Tanko Sani, who confirmed the incident in an interview with journalists on Wednesday at the scene, said: “trouble started when soldiers forcefully moved into our land and started work without our consent as natives.”
- The Federal Executive Council (FEC) on Wednesday approved a memo for the award of contract for supply of water and field for the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Water Board at the sum of N368 million including five per cent VAT.
The FEC also approved another contract for the supply of 500 fire men suits for the FCT Fire Service at the sum of N226 million including five percent VAT.
Senate President Calls for National Summit
Buhari not my President Because he is Heartless, Lacks Empathy – Aisha Yesufu
A Trailblazer: Atiku Hails Makinde for Publicly Declaring his Assets
BREAKING: President Buhari Sacks, Replaces Buratai as Chief Of Army Staff
BREAKING: Customs Officer Arrested for Promoting Himself to Comptroller General of Customs
Kanu Heart Foundation has Carried Out 561 Successful Open Heart Surgery
Top Trending News
- ENTERTAINMENT3 weeks ago
BET Award 2019: Burna Boy Wins ” Best International Act”
- Metro News2 weeks ago
Exposed: I Was Given 10k to join Fatoyinbo Protest, Man reveals (Video)
- EPL 2018/20194 weeks ago
Another Nigeria Player beats Obafemi to be Most Expensive Player
- Metro News4 weeks ago
Cele Pastor Impregnates Teenage Girl who came for deliverance