- The United States of America reacted to suspension of CJN, Walter Onnoghen by President Muhammadu buhari.
In a statement from the US embassy on Saturday, the Executive arm of government was called upon to respect the rule of law and resolve issues surrounding Onnoghen’s removal peacefully.
2. The European Union has expressed concern over the process and timing of the suspension of Justice Walter Onnoghen as the Chief Justice of Nigeria.
The EU urged all parties to follow all legal processes in line with the constitution of the country.
3. The British High Commission has expressed serious concern over the suspension of the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Walter Onnoghen.
A statement by the mission on Saturday said it heard a wide range of credible and independent voices, including in the Nigerian legal profession and civil society, who have expressed concern over the constitutionality of the executive branch’s suspension of the chief officer of the judiciary.
4. Hundreds of civil society leaders, lawyers and opposition politicians stormed the United States, U.S. embassy in Abuja on Saturday.
The protesters demanded that the U.S intervene in the “constitutional crisis” ignited by President Muhammadu Buhari with the removal of Walter Onnoghen as Chief Justice of Nigeria.
5. Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC has released names of successful applicants to observe 2019 elections.
The commission in a statement announced that the successful candidate will “Observe the 2019 general elections holding on 16th February, 2019 and 2nd March, 2019.
6. Fulani herdsmen attacks Benue People freshly
Maj. Gen Adeyemi Yekini, Force Commander, Operation Whirl Stroke (OPWS) has denied media reports that herdsmen killed 15 Benue indigenes in a renewed attack on communities in the state.
Yekini, who denied the report in a statement signed by him on Saturday in Makurdi, said there were no such killings in the state.
7. The federal government has reacted to the public outcry against the suspension of former Chief Justice of Nigeria, Walter Onnoghen by President Muhammadu Buhari.
The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, has now faulted the criticisms trailing the action, said the critics ignored the real issues which concern corruption and the need to protect the judiciary.
8. PMB insisted on Fighting corruption till the end
The Nigerian president, Muhammadu Buhari on Saturday insisted that despite resistance in some quarters, treasury looters would be made to face the full wrath of the law.
He argued that his administration have transformed the Nigerian nation-state beyond how it was in 2015, as he promised better life ahead for Nigerians.
9. Senate to Recovene over Chief justice Suspension
The Senate will reconvene on Tuesday to discuss the suspension of Justice Walter Onnoghen as the Chief Justice of Nigeria.
Report said the National Assembly would hold a leadership meeting on Sunday over the matter where a stand against the decision of President Muhammadu Buhari will be taken.
Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State has condemned the endorsement of Atiku Abubakar, the Peoples Democratic Party, People\'s Democratic Party, presidential candidate by the apex Igbo socio-cultural organisation, Ohanaeze Ndigbo.
Okorocha described Abubakar’s endorsement as a folklore told by Ohanaeze with no electoral value.
Read more on Nigeria Daily Times today
Senate President Calls for National Summit
Buhari not my President Because he is Heartless, Lacks Empathy – Aisha Yesufu
A Trailblazer: Atiku Hails Makinde for Publicly Declaring his Assets
BREAKING: President Buhari Sacks, Replaces Buratai as Chief Of Army Staff
BREAKING: Customs Officer Arrested for Promoting Himself to Comptroller General of Customs
Kanu Heart Foundation has Carried Out 561 Successful Open Heart Surgery
Top Trending News
- ENTERTAINMENT3 weeks ago
BET Award 2019: Burna Boy Wins ” Best International Act”
- Metro News2 weeks ago
Exposed: I Was Given 10k to join Fatoyinbo Protest, Man reveals (Video)
- EPL 2018/20194 weeks ago
Another Nigeria Player beats Obafemi to be Most Expensive Player
- Metro News4 weeks ago
Cele Pastor Impregnates Teenage Girl who came for deliverance